Sunday, March 4, 2012

My First Real Estate Injury

On a cold and stormy day, I had my first solo open house in a vacant house while it snowed 5 inches. It was cold, had no furniture, no internet and I forgot my book. Luckily, I had cell phone coverage so I made phone calls in front of the gas fireplace where I could watch my sign get blown over every ten minutes. Yes, I did have some intrepid customers come and check out the house in the middle of this white mess. They followed my path that I had made while putting my sign back up every time it fell down.
The dangerous part of this adventure came from finding the signs that had immediately blown down on the street corners and were now buried under five inches of snow. I found one by slipping on it where it had fallen into the gutter and spraining my ankle. There you have it- my first real estate injury!
My  Open House House on a nicer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment