Thursday, January 19, 2012

Let it Snow!

Finally, it has been snowing for two days and we have about a foot of snow. Goodbye ice skates and Hello snowshoes! (Unless you shovel off the snow, ice skating doesn't work very well)  I am hoping that I will finally get to try my friend Sue's new running snowshoes but I think I better let her break them in first.
The first heavy snow of the year means that all the snow plows and snow blowers are out working to get our cars on the road. My neighbor Art has already had the luxury of getting stuck at the bottom of his driveway. Luckily, he had neighbors at his house at the time to help.This is the time of year that neighbors become really important as they help each other out. As the great Babs sings "People who need people are the luckiest people in the world." 
With the snow is the fervent hope of  children all over this snowy country- "Please, let it be a snow day tomorrow!!!"

Here is my only picture of the snow.  I risked driving on skinny little private unplowed roads in my big truck to go see this house over by the Hayden Lake Country Club. Reminds me of Frank Lloyd Wright style with it's flat roof and 50's styling (built in '51). Sorry it is not a better picture but it was really snowing!

1 comment:

  1. You've had a blog for 10 minutes and already quoted Barbara Streisand! Funny, Mom!

    ReplyDelete